VIDEO: Suds and Sounds will be the theme this weekend when the Atlantic City Beer and Music Festival pulls into the AC Convention Center on Friday and Saturday. The festival is presented by 100.7 WZXL.
While this isn’t a casino event, playing blackjack, craps and the slots has been known to make gamblers thirsty, and about 24,000 people are expected to show up. The two-day event on Friday and Saturday features three separate sessions, and on Sunday, there’s a Brewer’s Brunch at Goodfellow’s on The Walk.
Here are 5 great reasons to hit the beer fest this weekend.
1. Beer. That probably goes without saying and actually, this could be 80 reasons because that’s about how many beers, both local and national, that will be represented. After all, the purpose of the festival is “the promotion of craft beers and the brewers that create them.” We’ll drink to that.
2. Food. Cooking demonstrations are part of the event and there will plenty of tasty treats to nibble on as you wander the fest hall, but we’re looking forward to that beer and chocolate seminar on Friday night at 8:15 p.m.
3. Music. With multiple stages going, the tunes will be non-stop and no matter what your musical taste happens to be, there’s bound to be something you’re going to enjoy. The spectrum includes punk rocker Marky Ramone’s Blitzkrieg, rockabilly/1950s locals Full Blown Cherry and Southern rock performers Muscle Shoals Revival, plus a bunch more.
4. Enlightenment. The Beer Fox—need we say more. That would be Carolyn Smagalski whose seminar, Beer Camp for Women, gives secrets you’ll never find in the pages of Cosmo, including pairing food and beer; stress busters that tingle your skin, and God’s gift to women. Other seminars to broaden your knowledge of beer and food are with writer Gary Monterosso, author and chef Rocky Fino—who happens to be a Temple University grad—and chef Geoff Johnson.
5. Vendors. From kilts (yes, those kilts) to beer memorabilia to fantasy sports info, the beer fest vendors dare you to keep your credit card in your wallet.
Take a look at last year’s AC Beer Fest. Ticket information and schedule of events below the video.
Image: ahmet guler
- $55 at the door per session (if available)
- $50 per session in advance online Ticket Master
- Designated driver Tickets $10 and available at the door only
- Group Ticket Available on Ticketmaster
- 10 to 15 Tickets $47 per person
- For 15 or more tickets call: 1-609-348-7023
- Tickets can be purchased at the door of the Atlantic City Convention Center starting:
- Friday March 30, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday March 3, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Schedule of Events
Friday, March 30, 7 p.m.-11 p.m., Session 1
- 7:00 p.m.: Doors Open
- 7:00 p.m.: Muscle Shouls Revival– Stage 1
- 7:30 p.m.: Women & Beer Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 7:45 p.m.: The Apache Match-Stage 2
Cooking demo – Demo Stage
- 8:15 p.m.: Beer & Chocolate Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 8:30 p.m.: Stellar Corpses– Stage 1
- 9:00 p.m.: Beers of NJ Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 9:15 p.m.: Nicos Gun – Stage 2
- 9:45 p.m.: Artisan Beer Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 10:00 p.m.: Cooking Demo – Demo. Stage
- 10:00 p.m.: Marky Ramone’s Blitzkrieg– Stage 1
- 10:30 p.m.: Awards (India Pale Ale, Belgian Style Ale, Brown Ale & Scottish Ale)
- 11:00 p.m.: Doors Closed
Saturday, March 31, Noon-4 p.m., Session 2
- 12:00 p.m.: Doors Open
- 12:15 p.m.: Kyle McGill – Stage 1
- 12:30 p.m.: Women & Beer Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 1:00 p.m.: Griz – Stage 2
- Cooking demo – Demo Stage
- 1:15 p.m.: Beer & Chocolate Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 1:45 p.m.: New Sweden- Stage 1
- 2:00 p.m.: Beers of NJ Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 2:30 p.m.: Tsunami Rising – Stage 2
- 2:45 p.m.: Artisan Beer Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 3:00 p.m.: Cooking Demo – Demo. Stage
- 3:15 p.m.: Turf War – Stage 1
- 3:30 p.m.: Awards (Flavored Beer, Wheat Beer, Amber Lager & Dark Lager)
- 4:00 p.m.: Doors Closed
Saturday, March 31, 6 p.m.-10 p.m., Session 3
- 6:00 p.m.: Doors Open
- 6:15 p.m.: Full Blown Cherry– Stage 1
- 6:30 p.m.: Women & Beer Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 7:00 p.m.: The Bailey Hounds – Stage 2
Cooking demo – Demo Stage
- 7:15 p.m.: Beer & Chocolate Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 7:45 p.m.: Strawberry Jam – Stage 1
- 8:00 p.m.: Beers of NJ Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 8:30 p.m.: Even the Slept – Stage 2
- 8:45 p.m.: Artisan Beer Seminar – Sem. Stage
- 9:00 p.m.: Cooking Demo – Demo. Stage
- 9:15 p.m.: Brick + Mortar– Stage 1
- 9:30 p.m.: Awards (Pilsner, Hefeweizen, Porter/Stout & Light Beer)
- 10:00 p.m.: Doors Closed
Sunday, April 1, 2012, Noon-3 p.m.
- Brewers Brunch at Goodfellows in The Walk shopping district, within walking distance of the Convention Center. The Brewers Brunch Jam With Who Dat Band from noon to 3 p.m. Southern rock on the restaurant’s outside deck.