August 15, 2012 -
Some quick position player thoughts:
- OF Alex Gordon ($4100) is 5 for 9 against Brandon McCarthy of the A’s. Gordon is 8 of his last 22.
- SS Rafael Furcal ($3000) is 4 of 11 career when facing Joe Saunders. You may need to check if he is actually starting tonight, though. He has been in and out of the lineup.
- Orioles 3B Wilson Betemit is a bargain $3200 and is 5 for 9 against Aaron Cook. He has also hit safely in 9 of the last 10 games.
- OF Nick Markakis ($3800) of the Orioles also looks good. he has a very small sample against Cook (1 for 2), but Cook allows lefties to hit .327 against him.
- In 14 at bats facing Ricky Romero, White Sox OF Alex Rios ($4100) has a slash line of .357/.400/.643. Rios is yet to get a hit in this series in Toronto, but he has stolen a base.
- Small sample size again, but Dodgers 2B Mark Ellis ($3200) is 4 for 5 facing Wandy Rodriguez. Again, make sure he actually starts the game.
Also, I am rolling with Miguel Gonzalez of the Orioles tonight. The Orioles have dealt well with the Red Sox in this series, and Gonzalez has looked very sharp his last few games. For $5900, worth a shot.