I am going to enjoy this weekend. Last night was good. Trevor Bauer did not deliver a lot of points for $2,100 at Fan Duel last night, but he freed up enough salary to stock teams in expert leagues, and I won 2 of 3 5-man leagues.
Let’s look for some bats tonight:
- Lefty 3B Kyle Seager is hitting .256 and his on base percentage is .313. That lifts to .270 and .333 against righties. Red Sox RHP Aaron Cook is seeing lefties hit .500 against him. I like Seager for $3,500 in salary.
- OF Ichiro Suzuki is another lefty bat you might want against Cook. He’s only $3,300.
- In 41 career at-bats against Cliff Lee, C John Buck has this slash line – .317/.391/.610. Of course, in the bizarro world of Cliff Lee in 2012, that will probably mean he strikes out 5 times tonight. Worth a shot for only $2,900 of salary.
- OF Hunter Pence was 3 for 3 earlier this year when facing Josh Johnson. But the big man for the Marlins appears to have settled down lately. He has allowed 3 runs-or-less in his last 9 starts, and 2 runs-or-less in 7 of those 9. Johnson may be a good pitching pick, but the Phils really do not strike out a lot, and Johnson fanned only one of them at the start of the season in a short 3 2/3 innings of work.
- 1B Justin Morneau was 2 for 2 against Mendoza earlier this year. He is only $3,100 at Fan Duel.
- Staying in that same game, Denard Span hits righties well and is only $3,300 in salary.
- OF Carlos Quentin in Colorado? Against Jeff Francis? For $3,300? Yes, please. He cooled off a bit there, but he is 5 for his last 15.