Showboat is making a pitch to attract the surfer crowd that frequents the northern part of the Atlantic City beach, where the casino is situated, with a laid-back bar and restaurant, Worship Surf Bar. The bar will be right on the Boardwalk and opens April 2.
Delaware Avenue Beach, at the Boardwalk and States Avenue, is one of only three beaches that permit surfing in Atlantic City and
the casual eats hangout will cater to the surfer crowd, beach-goers and folks just looking for a place to chill.
Don Marrandino, Eastern Division President for Caesars Entertainment which owns the Showboat, recalled his days as a lifeguard in Brigantine when talking about the new surf bar.
“With Worship Surf Bar we wanted to create a really affordable and legitimate surf and sports hangout that would cater to a flip-flop-kind-of-crowd,” Marrandino said.
Worship Surf Bar will occupy the former Club Worship first floor and is located directly on the Boardwalk for easy access. An outdoor patio will be set up outside. Eight flat-screen TVs will be set up inside to watch Phillies games.
Even better, the Showboat promises no velvet ropes or cover charges at Worship Surf Bar.
Worship Surf Bar will offer a drink menu with $3 Miller Light Drafts and signature drinks such as:
- * The Wipeout—Absolut Berri Açai vodka, Rockstar Energy drink and cranberry juice.
- * The Big Kahuna—Malibu Coconut rum, Malibu Black rum, pineapple and cranberry juices and grenadine.
- * The Barrel—Avión tequila, raspberry liqueur, sour mix and orange juice.
Drinks also will be available in refillable souvenir shakers.
The food menu comes from the equally new Crossroads at House of Blues and celebrity chef Aaron Sanchez.
The menu will feature …
- Street Tacos, citrus marinated steak tacos with Cotija cheese and roasted tomatillo salsa.
- Grilled Flat Breads with choices like basil pesto and tomato, wild mushroom and crispy prosciutto.
- Chicken Wings in flavors like smoked tomato BBQ sauce, Jamaican jerk style or Buffalo.
Starting Memorial Day Weekend, Worship Surf Bar will also offer beach service for beach-goers. Guests sitting in the designated Worship Surf area will be able to order directly from a beach server and have their food and drinks brought to them. Grab and go food will also be available.
Photo credit: photostock