May 3, 2012 -
Harrah’s Philadelphia officially gets its new name on May 12. That the casino still carrying the name Harrah’s Chester for about another week was in for some changes has hardly been a secret. The press reported it early in April and there are billboards on I-95 using the new name.
The official renaming comes with other changes, including new restaurants.
Here’s what’s new at Harrah’s Philadelphia.
Three new restaurants—one is already open and the other two are opening on Memorial Day.
Already operating is Caffe Napoli, a full-service 24-hour Italian-themed restaurant and café. It has pizza, hand made pastas, salads and sandwiches.
On Memorial Day, a micro-brew and barbecue pub called BarleyQue will open featuring craft beers, barbeque and live entertainment every weekend.
Also debuting Memorial Day Weekend is what the casino folks are coyly referring to as a “Philly-favorite”, which will be a 24-hour café. The restaurant will be announced at a later date.
The casino rebranding on May 12 is happening in conjunction with the first concert in a summer-long Harrah’s Philadelphia Summer Concert Series, starting with Lynyrd Skynyrd and Kenny Wayne Shepherd on “The Field” of the casino’s harness race track.
And starting in May, Harrah’s Philadelphia will feature live music on The Patio almost nightly. The lineup will include some of the region’s most popular bands, including Don’t Call Me Francis, Mr. Greenjeans, Steamroller Picnic, and Shorty Long and the Jersey Horns.
Here are some of May events at Harrah’s Philadelphia.
• May 4: The Patio Opens – Don’t Call Me Francis Playing
• May 5: Kentucky Derby Meets Cinco De’ Mayo – Day Racing with a Latin Jazz band playing on the patio, Lefty Lucy Playing on The Patio at night
• May 11: Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
• May 12: Lynyrd Skynyrd Concert on the field
• May 12: Cadillac CTS Giveaway
• May 18: T-Shirt Giveaway for everyone
• May 25: Fireworks on the field
• May 26: BarleyQue Opens
• May 26: Liberty Bell Sweepstakes