July 15, 2012 -
At least 12 area poker players cashed in the World Series of Poker Main Event in Las Vegas, and one has made it to the final table. Russell Thomas, a Temple grad from Wallingford, will return to play for the Main Event championship in late October. Nearly 6,600 entrants started the tournament. The tournament began on July 7 with three opening rounds and played down to the final table on July 16. The prize for first place is $8.5 million.
The players who earned a payout at the Rio casino were …
- 20. Paul Volpe, West Chester, Pa., 294.601.
- 52. Richard Pyne, Blackwood, N.J., $156,293
- 62. Dave D’Alesandro, Wenonah, N.J., $128,384
- 82. Roman Valerstein, Newtown,Pa., $73,805
- 155. Patrick Halter, Penn Valley, Pa. $52,1678
- 158. Peter McCullough, Brookhaven, Pa. $52,718
- 167. Dan Shak, Bryn Mawr, Pa., $44,655
- 276. Dennis Frederick, Upper Darby, Pa., $38,453
- 288. Joshua Weizer, Philadelphia, $38,453
- 341. Robert Wisuiak, Atlantic City, $32,871
- 453. Michael Hickman, Media, 24,808
- 488. Marc Goldman, Easton, 24,808